Hint: Make this only when you have time! It takes at least 10 hours to complete because of cool down times and freezing when finished but it is SO WORTH IT
You will need an ice cream maker for this recipe!
- 2 (15 0z) cans full fat coconut milk (coconut cream also works)
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze AlmondMilk CoconutMilk Blend
- 1/3 cup coconut palm syrup (honey works if not vegan)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons dried culinary lavender
- 1 1/2 cups wild blueberries or wild berry mix
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat and add coconut milk, almondmilk coconutmilk and coconut palm syrup (or honey); whisk until smooth and well combined and mixture comes to a slight simmer (this should only take a few minutes). DO NOT BRING MIXTURE TO A FULL BOIL. After mixture comes to a slight simmer, whisk once more, then transfer to a blender, add in lavender and vanilla and blend for 30 seconds. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a large bowl, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours until very cold. This is an essential step, so please do not skip it!
- While the mixture is chilling, you'll make a blueberry syrup. Add blueberries and coconut sugar to a saucepan and place over medium heat. Mash blueberries up with a fork and continue to stir mixture until it thickens; this should take roughly 15-20 minutes. Once mixture is thick like a syrup, transfer to a bowl, cover and stick in the fridge.
- Once ready to make the ice cream, add the cold coconut milk mixture to your ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's directions until it resembles soft serve.
- Transfer half of ice cream to a freezer safe container, then add half of the blueberry mixture, repeat with ice cream and blueberries once more. Swirl mixture a few times with a knife to create layers. Cover ice cream and freeze for 4-6 hours or until ice cream hardens. Before ready to serve let the ice cream sit at room temperature for a few minutes. Makes 8 servings; 1/2 cup each.